Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sparkle

Before coming to Italy, one of the last meals I had in LA was at my favorite deli near my mom's house. "Roma Deli" makes really great sandwiches and salads, so I had to have it one last time before leaving to Italy. When I ordered my food I also got something I usually never get: San Pellegrino (sparkling water). When I got home I realized that the label said Bergamo! Out of all the places in Italy, the water I was drinking was made in a factory in Bergamo, the exact town in which I was about to spend 6 months!
So this Monday with nothing else to do, I decided to check out the area of San Pellegrino. It was about a 30 minute drive and the view, as usual in Italy, was very pretty. The mountains reminded me of California, and the town was small and quaint. We tried to see if the factory was open to tourists, but no luck... So we had lunch in the area and took a walk along the river. Just another beautiful spring day in Italy!
The only part of the factory we could see....
Along the river....

No comments:

Post a Comment