Monday, June 4, 2012

Memorial Day

A couple weeks ago I went to visit some of my American buddies in Vicenza. They were having a pre-memorial-day-weekend-barbecue-party, and what better excuse to head out for a visit! It was really nice to see my friends again, and I got to eat yummy American food like artichoke dip, green bean casserole, and veggie burgers-- with sriracha!! I can't wait to see them again!

That night I came back to Bergamo where there was an event happening called, "Bergamo Street Parade." I had no idea what to expect, but I was very shocked when I arrived! A long path in downtown Bergamo was blocked off, and hundreds, if not thousands, of people were in the streets. Ten trucks playing different types of music slowly drove down the path as groups of people gathered behind each truck, dancing to their hearts content. It was fun to dance in the middle of a street usually riddles with heavy city traffic. The only downside is that it ended at 11:30pm... the side effects of living in a super religious country! If you're ever in Northern Italy in May, I suggest checking this event out!

No comments:

Post a Comment