Thursday, February 23, 2012

All This, and Heaven Too

Well, this past week was simply amazing. I started my Italian course in Cittá Alta and saw this cutie, all dressed up for Carnivale.
Carnivale in Italy is a cross between the American Mardi Gras and Halloween. People dress up, throw confetti, streamers, and silly string everywhere and just have fun. I saw a preview of it in my town, but this weekend I'm headed to Milan for the whole shebang.

This will be my second time in Milan, my first being his past weekend. Nothing could have been more perfect! I visited gorgeous cathedrals, ate delicious food and saw some amazing sights.
Duomo di Milano (Milan Cathedral) My iPod doesn't do it justice!
Delicious treats from Antica Cremeria
A walk down the world famous fashion street
Where I saw my first Lamborghini!
Lunch was at a Mozzarella Bar called Obika, YUM!
Castello Sforzesco (Sforza Castle)
Some protests in the street, I got flashbacks of Buenos Aires!
On Tuesday we went to Martinengo, a little place outside Bergamo
I can't wait for my second trip to Milano this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment