Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's a Wonderful Life

On Monday I went to Cittá Alta to take the entrance exam for my Italian class. The teacher announced that if we were absolute beginners we didn't have to take the test, we would just be placed in the beginner class. So I basically traveled all the way there to find out when my class was. Oh well!

Today made up for it though. I saw some amusing things at the supermarket. It's the simple things!! For one, a giant display of Nutella... But not the biggest I've seen by far!
Also, among the entire aisle of yogurt was a huge area for Activia brand yogurt. The flavors were... Different. There were your basics: strawberry, blueberry, and vanilla. But then they had coffee, hazelnut, ice cream, fig, peach apricot, cooked pear, cooked apple, coconut muesli, walnut oat, and whole grain. Hmm.

Anyway, to continue practicing my driving stick and to become more familiar with our area, we drove to Cavallina Valley and saw Lake Endine. The lake is frozen over this time of year but it was a pretty sight. And there were people brave enough to walk around on the ice!
It almost looks like a beach, but that's a frozen lake.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment