Monday, February 13, 2012

Circle of Friends

Where would I be without couchsurfing.org? It's only been a few weeks here in Italy yet I have already met some great people on this website. The main goal of the site is to find someone with a spare couch or bed willing to host you when you are in a foreign city. This way, you get to stay somewhere for free and meet a local who will hopefully help you during your travels. Since I already have lovely accommodation in Bergamo, I have used this site to meet people who are free to chat over coffee or to take me out on Saturday night. So far my experiences have been nothing but great.

My first time out in Bergamo started with an aperitivo (pre-dinner drink) at ViceVersa and pizza at Live Keller in Curno. After that we went to a club called Edoné which I believe is in Redona. It's a small place but somehow didn't feel crowded, and the DJ was playing some great electronic music.

This Saturday was very different. We started our evening with a lovely home cooked meal. For starters we had a salad made with walnuts, honey and tallegio cheese. The main course was called pizzoccheri. This is a pasta dish made with flat buckwheat noodles, potatoes, cheese, butter and sage. The meal was finished perfectly with some gelato and limoncello. After dinner we went to a club called Primolivello in Curno and this place was huge. They had live music followed by a mix of Italian and other pop. Che divertimento!
Last night there was a couchsurfer event at a place called Daragi. With the purchase of any drink (4-5 Euros) you can eat as much as you want from the buffet. They had polenta, mashed potatoes, lentils, a pasta dish, and more. I met a lot of great people and will definitely be spending more time at Daragi.

No comments:

Post a Comment