Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Like Crazy

Things I miss so far:

-Hanging out with my friends and family. I'm very thankful that technology (including my new iPod touch) gives me the ability to communicate with the people I care about. Although is doesn't replace being there, it sometimes feels like we're in the same room.

-Pepper. When all else fails, kisses from my bunny always make me smile!

-Certain foods. Monica is a wonderful cook, but sometimes I do miss spicy food, ethnic food (Mexican, Thai, Indian, etc.) and garlic... I thought Italian cuisine would have more of it!

-California weather. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow... And hanging out by the fireplace, and sipping hot chocolate. Ok, maybe this is just a case of 'the grass is always greener.' because I love it here. But California is my home! (Where the heart is...)

There are some things I don't miss because there is plenty of it here, one being cheese! Within the first week of being here I had consumed goat, sheep, cow, and buffalo cheese! The supermarkets here have aisles and aisles and counters full of different kinds of cheeses. The amount they have could fill an entire market in the U.S.
There are two things I like about Italian supermarkets. One is that the cashiers sit while working. I see no advantage to having someone stand all day when they don't need to.

Another thing I like is the rolling shopping basket. Sometimes you don't need a big cart, but you don't feel like lugging around a basket. This is the perfect compromise:

No comments:

Post a Comment