Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day Seven

Day 7, Hontanas to Boadilla
Walked today: 28 km (but it felt like 50!!)
Total walked: 187 km

Today I'm thinking about all of the things I will know as a pilgrim that no one else will understand. Comparing injuries, comparing tans (only on the left side, of course), talking about the northern Spanish landscapes, the yellow arrows, the seashells, sunflower fields, the benefits of a walking stick, which pilgrim menu is the best...

So far, today was overall the most challenging day. The sun was so hot as we walked mile after mile without shade or water. I put my pajama pants on my arms but the back of my legs were unshielded and I got a pretty bad heat rash behind my knees. Finally we arrived at our destination and lo and behold, there was a pool, and a pretty garden. Tonight I want to go to bed early so I can start walking earlier in the morning, and hopefully stay out of the heat. Guten nacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment