Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day Three

Day 3, Santo Domingo to Tosantos
Walked Today: 29 km
Total walked: 80 km

Today I walked completely on my own for 24km, which took me 6 hours. I was walking slowly to heal my shin pain from yesterday, and it worked!  I reached Belorado and planned to stay there. I bought a bed,  had lunch and swam a bit in the pool. I met a man that was doing a vow of silence while he walked today. I think I might do that one day.

I checked some email and then I spoke to a friend in California, who has walked the camino, and he convinced me to walk 5 more km to the town Tosantos. I was unsure if I wanted to walk more. I took a nap and was awakened by a two men arguing over whose bed was whose. I took this negativity as a sign I should keep walking. I packed my bag and walked to a wonderful albergue in Tosantos. I got there just in time for dinner and to my surprise there were some familiar faces. We ate dinner and introduced ourselves. Most of the guests were Italian so I was extremely happy to get to speak Italian and even help translate a bit. There was even a man in a wheelchair doing the camino with an arm bicycle. This is truly an inspiring journey. I'm going to bed tonight after the evening prayer feeling emotional, and very grateful for everything in my life. Buenos noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment