Thursday, January 19, 2012

Before and After

Today is another foggy day in Bergamo. Poor Zoi was sick this morning so she stayed home from school, but she's feeling better now. We are working on a puzzle of the Chicago skyline. I also painted her nails. She's a cutie!

Everything else is going well. Yesterday we went to a sporting goods store to buy the kids' horse riding gear. I was surprised at the low prices, some things were even cheaper than in the states.

I just have been feeling really grateful the last few days. I miss Korea sometimes but there are a few things I am so glad to be done with. Of course I made the most of my life in Korea and I wouldn't have changed anything in the world, but here's a little 'why Italy is better than Korea (so far)':
-the ability to communicate effectively with my employer (a HUGE one)
-the kids actually try to communicate in English
-instead of relying heavily on sound effects and charades, I can use words to teach
-since there are only 3 kids, I am really able to bond with them and feel that I am making a difference
-the abundance and variety of cheese! haha...
There are other things, but I'm going to keep working on this puzzle!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you are enjoying it thus far. We are proud of you and glad the language barrier is minimal!-Danny A.

    ReplyDelete