Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Earthquake!

Today at 9:10am there was a 4.9 magnitude earthquake in Northern Italy. I felt a little shake, but coming from California, I'm used to them!

Here's an article about it:
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE80O0LS20120125?irpc=932

Anyway, after the earthquake I went for a walk around town today and saw quite a few interesting things. Firstly, apparently there is a brand of apples with my namesake!


I also saw these at the market, can anyone guess what they are??
They're stuffed, frozen snails at the market!
I think this calls for the Italian expression of the day: "Che schifo!" (pronounced keh skeefo) Which means, "How disgusting!"

And now for the opposite of disgusting, Monica's cooking! She somehow creates these wonderful dishes and never seems to break a sweat. Here is a dinner we had this week: brocolli pie, carrots, and fennel covered with white cheese sauce and walnuts. Che Delizioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment