Monday, January 16, 2012

L'Aventurra

I felt emotional all day. It doesn't seem real. I was on the plane and I thought, what am I doing?? Not in a regretful way, but more shocked at the amazing opportunities that always seem to come my way.

I flew about 11 hours to Zurich, had an hour layover, then I flew 45 minutes to Milan. That flight was gorgeous! The sun was setting and the view of the Swiss Alps covered in snow was stunning.

So my host Michail and the three kids met me at the airport... They even had a sign with my name on it! They gave me a tour of the house and... Wow. Incredible! Pictures won't do it justice but I will post some. I have a large room, a really nice bathroom with a huge tub (I loooove bathtubs!), a kitchenette... It's all amazing.

My first dinner with the Perackis' was amazing! We started with pumpkin soup, then delicious green beans, and warmed cheese called "tomino" which vaguely reminded me of the grilled provolone (proveleta) in Argentina. We finished the meal off with a delicious chocolate/cookie log. Yum.

I am exhausted and jetlagged but I wanted to give a quick update before I start unpacking or just crash after a long day of travels.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. lovely! this made me cry! i miss you and i am so proud of you and what you are doing! i cant wait for more updates and look forward to enjoying the experience with you. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will follow you as best as I can. great 1st day in italia. ciao!-danny

    ReplyDelete